Today, the 59 foot tower stands on restricted Coast Guard grounds near Cape Blanco State Park. In 1936 the original lens was replaced with a Second Order rotating fresnel. In 1992, vandals broke into the lantern room and smashed several sections of the lens, including one of the eight bull's-eyes. Two years later, after nearly $20,000 in repairs, Cape Blanco's fresnel shone again.
Access to the light is restricted, but the gates are opened daily April 1st to October 31st..